M.J. Supplies is committed to protecting your privacy and we take our responsibilities regarding the security of user information very seriously.
Our aim is to keep your data safe and private. We will not share your data without your prior consent and then only with those organisations that you have given specific consent for.
When giving consent for us to use your personal data to send material to you, you will be able to specify the types of information you want to receive. For example, you may be happy to receive (specify) but not marketing information.
01 Your Privacy
In the course of our dealings with you, we will collect and process personal information about you. Personal information includes any information allowing us to identify you as an individual, for example, your name, address, email address and/or telephone number.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will use your personal information in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations that relate to data protection and privacy, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
These regulations protect your personal data in the following ways:
- Your personal data is only stored for the purpose for what it was collected for.
- When it is no longer required it will be destroyed/removed to the required standard as specified in the law.
- Whilst holding your personal data we will ensure it is stored safely and securely and we will have processes in place to ensure ongoing security of your data.
- We will not share your data with any 3rd party organisation without your specific consent and you will have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
- We will only send you marketing material that you have agreed to receive.
02 Why do we ask for this information?
- When you place an order, we need your contact and payment information to enable us to take payment and fulfil your order. You can browse our website without providing us with any of this information. When you want to place an order via the website, we ask you to login or register so you can open a customer profile.
- We will ask for or collect your personal information when you use our telephone sales order line, online portal, technical support and live web chat. We ask for your permission to send you marketing and promotional material via post, telephone and email to enable us to send you special offers and other marketing material that we believe may be of interest to you. If you give permission, you will be able to withdraw it at any time.
- by using the unsubscribe link in each communication we send out which will opt you out of receiving marketing emails.
- where you are a registered user of our Website, by using the “My Account” section on our Website and logging in using your username and password;
- Please note that, even if you choose not to receive this marketing information, we may still use your personal information to provide you with important service information, including communications in relation to any orders you submit or products you have purchased.
03 How long do we keep your personal information?
We are required by law to keep your personal information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which we are using it. The period for which we keep your personal information will be determined by a number of criteria, including the purposes for which we are using the information, the amount and sensitivity of the information, the potential risk from any unauthorised use or disclosure of the information and our legal and regulatory obligations.
04 Who do we share your personal information with?
- We may pass personal information to external agencies and organisations (including the police and other law enforcement agencies) for the purpose of preventing and detecting fraud (including fraudulent transactions) and criminal activity. These external agencies may check the information we give them against public and private databases and may keep a record of such checks to use in future security checks. We may also disclose personal information to the police and other law enforcement authorities in connection with the prevention and detection of crime.
- We may pass personal information to our insurers in the event that a claim is made or could be made against us. For example, we may send CCTV footage and information contained in our accident logs to our insurers.
- We may pass your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation (including in connection with a court order), or in order to enforce or apply our Digital Services T&Cs, Terms and Conditions of Sale and other agreements we have with or otherwise concerning you (including agreements between you and us) or to protect our rights, property or safety or those of our customers, employees or other third parties.
- Please note that third party websites and applications are not under our control. When you click through to these websites or access these applications you leave the area controlled by us. We do not accept responsibility or liability for any issues arising in connection with the third party’s use of your data (including your personal information).
05 Your rights
You have the right to ask us to:
- Confirm what personal information we hold about you and provide you with a copy of that data.
- Correct any personal information that is inaccurate.
- Remove your personal information where there is no good reason for us to continue to hold that data.
- Temporarily stop using your personal information if you are questioning our right to use that data and in other circumstances where that right is applicable.
- Stop using your personal information unless we can demonstrate a valid reason why we need to continue to hold that data e.g. to support a product warranty.
- Stop using your personal information to send you marketing materials such as our catalogue, marketing emails and discounts.
- Provide you with the personal information that you have provided to us, in a structured and commonly-used electronic format, or transmit that information directly to another company if that is technically feasible. This applies where we are using your personal information on the basis of your consent or because it is necessary to perform a contract with you (see How do we use your personal information, above).
- Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we are able to disclose your personal information to you or comply with other requests.
- We want to make sure that the personal information we hold about you and your preferences as to how we contact you are accurate and up to date. If any of the details are incorrect, please let us know and we will amend them.
- You also have the right to make a complaint to the supervisory authority if you’re not happy with how we’ve handled your personal information.
06 Protecting your personal information
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure; this risk is common across the internet and not specific to our services. We cannot guarantee the security of your data (including your personal information) transmitted to our services; any transmission is at your own risk.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computing device. Be sure to sign off and close your browser when you have finished your session. This will help to ensure that others do not access your personal information if you share your computing device or use a computing device in a public place.